AN EXAMPLE FROM OUR RETAIL WORK
Can customers find your product on the shelf?
Are they stressed in the store environment?
How do they respond to new technology in the store?
What is the effect of advertising on in-store decisions?
How can neuroscience improve the retail experience?
Neurons Inc is world leading at measuring unconscious responses to in store environments and other challenging conditions. With our mobile NeuroMetric solution, research in the store environment is provided with millisecond accuracy. This allows us to address highly relevant questions related to store design as well as packaging and product perception.
These questions include:
- Understanding the effects of store and aisle makeover on product “findability” and stress.
- Designing the ultimate packaging and how to position it on the shelf.
- Finding the best in-store signage, and how it affects consumer emotions and choice.
- Exploring the effects of prior ad exposure on in-store attention, emotion and purchase.
- Gauge the emotional and cognitive responses to innovation in the retail environment.
- Utilising virtual environments as testbeds for large scale store changes.
In solving these problems, we use our scientifically validated method of neuroscience tools and insights. In addition to mobile eye-tracking and brain scanning (EEG) we continuously expand our toolbox with novel methods.