A BRIEF INTRO TO NEUROMARKETING
USING NEUROSCIENCE TO BOOST AD EFFECTS
Is your ad seen?
Do consumers resonate with the ad content?
Do they remember the ad and your brand?
How can a commercial trigger purchase?
How can the ad be improved?
In understanding consumers, there is a need to go beyond traditional methods of understanding consumers. In addition to these methods’ focus on apparent and conscious ad responses, applied neuroscience opens the lid to the unconscious responses of consumers, and how such emotional and cognitive responses ultimately drive consumer behaviours.
Neurons Inc has revolutionised the way in which ads are understood, tested and improved. By combining NeuroMetric measures with biometrics, eye-tracking, facial coding and self-reports, we gain an unprecedented access to both conscious and unconscious drivers of ad effects. Through this understanding, we are also able to provide actionable insights, and propose ways to improve the advertising.
In doing so, Neurons has developed several new and innovative solutions that combine the highest standards of applied neuroscience, including valid tools and metrics, a fast turnaround, and a competitive price.
The Neuromarketing Omnibus is our regular and standardised ad test. Here, a standard consumer segment are tested on a number of commercials, intermixed with entertainment pieces and motivating tasks.
In particular, we do the following:
- 30-40 participants from a standard segment – additional cell sizes of 30 each are possible.
- All participants see up to 30 ads intermixed with documentaries, tasks and other assignments.
- Attention is measured with eyetracking, and Arousal, Motivation, and Cognitive Load is measured by neuroimaging (EEG).
- Data for each ad is analysed using multivariate mathematical modelling, all analyses are performed as a cloud analysis.
- All reports contain the following:
- Aggregate NeuroMetric scores that are compared to our normative database of thousands of prior ad tests.
- Heat map /bee swarm showing visual attention to ad content.
- Second by second plots showing emotional and cognitive responses to specific events during the ad.
- Ad Score, Brand Score and Message Score that are measures of successful attention and emotional resonance.
Neurons Inc also provides means to test advertising success across different media and channels, including mobile devices, direct mail, online, brand and product placement, indoor and outdoor signage, and much more.